We all have that one cookie we’re addicted to. This one is mine. They are so chocolaty and warm and perfect for any holiday party. The best news? They’re easy to make BUT they are so delicious and fancy that your friends will think you slaved away for hours to make something so perfect!
Like all my good recipes, this one came from my mom. I have so many wonderful memories of her making these throughout my childhood and into my college years. So, what are you waiting for? Create a memory and a tasty treat all at the same time!
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 6-oz. bag semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter, cocoa powder and sugar; beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly mix in the wet ingredients, then stir in the chips. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Form the dough into 1-inch balls and roll in confectioners’ sugar. Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 12 minutes. Makes 25 to 35 cookies.
Once finished, let cool (but be sure to enjoy one while they are warm and melty). Then scoop them onto a platter and enjoy!