Everyone loves getting gifts—but it’s especially an honor to receive a gift from God.
Salvation through Jesus is the greatest gift we will ever receive! But on top of that, the Holy Spirit gives each person gifts for use in the church.
God has a unique purpose for each believer within the church. Some are effective teachers, others show grace-filled hospitality, others still have unique boldness in evangelism. While we shouldn’t neglect biblical practices and service because it isn’t our “gift,” there are some specific ways God has gifted YOU that are worth exploring.
Here are some important reminders and passages about spiritual gifts for further study this week:
- We don’t all have the same function, but we are ONE body in Christ—let’s use our gifts, Romans 12:3-8
- Since you’ve received a gift, use it to SERVE others so God may be glorified, 1 Peter 4:10-11
- There are lots of different gifts, but they are given and empowered by the same SPIRIT, 1 Corinthians 12:4-11
- Our gifts serve to BUILD UP the Body of Christ, Ephesians 4:11-16
Curious what your spiritual gifts are? A great way to find out is to take a spiritual gifts test (click here to access one I use) or even ask trusted Christian friends and mentors what gifts they see demonstrated in you.
It’s a beautiful, humbling, and scary thing to see the ways God can use us in His Body—the Church. Although we’ve been given gifts, we often neglect them. Which of the ways below are you gifted?
P.S. I got the following list from my Biblical Leadership class at the Seminary Wives Institution at Southern Seminary.
1 Corinthians 12
- Interpretation of tongues